Monday, October 31, 2016

High school field observation


From the moment I walked into the art room, I immediately felt like I was back in high school. Though that was not long ago it seemed so far in the past until I walked through the doors of that room. Everything felt and looked the same. After taking it all in and settling in to observe all that was occurring around me I noticed how good the class was at what they were doing. This art class in particular was a jewelry making class. Though I had never taken jewelry before I was semi familiar with some of the concepts and tools they were using.

         The teacher seemed pretty warm to the idea of us being there to watch her, because she really knew what she was doing. The environment she taught in was a happy and easy going with music that the classroom liked to listen to. Her teaching style is something I would very much like to emulate. She made it so that her students all felt comfortable and confident with what they were doing in her class. In addition, she was very proud of her students and how good their pieces were. She was also a very hands on teacher who was always going from one student to the next to make sure everyone go the help they needed.


         Based on my readings thus far, one of my questions has been, why do teachers become teachers who clearly don’t want to be? Well my experience shadowing this teacher I found this not to be true what so every with her. She was clearly a teacher who wanted to be a teacher and was very good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment