Tuesday, October 18, 2016

field post shaker heights


         The bridges I found that where constructed in Shaker Heights Middle School classrooms where the bridge of race and equal education. Shaker Heights Middle School really tries to do a good job of using their diversity to their advantage. The use of diversity being a good thing (which it is), is used a great deal by how the classes where taught and by how the kids learn. Learning in a diverse environment is a great thing that some people, like me, don’t always get to experience.
         The school I grew up in was not diverse at all. I graduated in a class that was one hundred percent white, causing me and many other not getting an exposure of other cultures. Though I did not go to a school with any diversity, I was able to gain exposure through my church. Many others in my school did not gain any experience with any other culture other than their own and I am able to realize the impact that had on them as they all grew up.

         Shaker Heights Middle School was able to build a bridge between races and do that through their education being provided. I found this to be a very good experience for me, even though I had to overcome a few hiccups along the way. This experience has shown me that you can still be a very happy teacher no matter the amount of diversity in that school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment