Sunday, October 16, 2016

Blog post 5

         Rofes discusses childhood as something where everything is open. By that I mean nothing is yet determined. To him he thinks there is nothing that makes you a certain sexuality at birth. To Rofes childhood is a time of learning and endless possibilities. Liberal and radical distinctions of addressing homophobia and heterosexism have a lot to do with contemporary understandings of childhood. Such as, Rofes’ claim that he was not born gay just born sexual and unknowing.

         I personally believe if someone is going to be gay or not they truly have no say. Yes, they can hide it but if you are gay or not is not necessarily up to you. In my opinion why would anyone choose to be gay when being gay has proven to be so much harder in a lot of aspects of life. Although, to me it truly does not matter if someone chooses to be gay or not, whatever you are and whatever you choose to be is completely up to you. It is my hope that I will be teaching at the school I grew up at a time where everyone is accepted for who they are and who they want to be. My vision of my ideal school, is for them to be up to date with the twenty first century which I know many schools are currently working on. Once everyone comes to realize that we are who we are and it doesn’t matter or affect anyone else the sooner I think everyone can move on and all live happy lives, regardless of how anyone identifies.

No comments:

Post a Comment