Wednesday, October 26, 2016

field post 2

Through my second observation I was able to get more insight into how the children interact with one another. In addition, I was able to see the children who were tentative listeners, and who the more problematic children where.
Having the opportunity to see what truly goes on in an average classroom without disrupting the flow of it is a rare opportunity that I was lucky to be a part of. Being there for the second time allowed me to not cause as much of a disturbance since the children became more used to my presence. Being there for the children in their classroom really allowed me to watch how the children learn and how they don’t and the teacher’s attitude and reaction to each situation.

This visit was very interesting for me to hear how the kids genuinely felt about me and how they reacted to me when I told them something. For example, Mrs. Sa’ad (the teacher) had me sit between two students who couldn’t stop arguing and while sitting between them and following her instructions about what to do with the two students, I found that one of the students had a hard time listening to me. This was eye opening to me to think about what I would have done as a child in their situation versus what they did. This experience was very helpful for me to be a part of because it allowed to get a very good insightful view into how the persevere me and change. Hopefully as I continue working in their classroom the children will start to respect me a little bit more and I can continue to get insight into their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment