Wednesday, November 16, 2016

field post 4

Through my fourth visit to this school I have learned that I am really starting to become attached to them and truly care about them. Though I have really started to care about the children and really appreciate the teacher I observe I still am trying to gain perspectives on teaching. Through watching the teacher in both my classroom and their gym teacher I have learned a lot about each individual child. In the kid’s classroom I am able to pick up what kind of environment each kid works best in and who need the most help in certain areas. In addition, my view of duel teaching or co teachers has greatly changed. I used to think it undermines the good of what one teacher can do and now I see how beneficial it can be. Just with me in the classroom and sometimes another teacher who occasionally came in to teach science for around 15 minutes made a huge difference in how well the kids focused in class, and how well they were able to learn and understand. Me being there I can tell makes a huge difference to the teacher I’m with because being in charge of 24 kids on her own making sure they can all effectively learn is quite a challenging feat. This observational experience has been very eye opening to what I want to do and also what I need to do.

In terms of being in the children’s gym class a whole new side to the kids comes out. Some of the kids completely flourish in gym and some others tend to stay on the side lines. Being in gym with them also shows me who really is a good listener even when its hard and all they want to do is run around and who has a hard time sitting still and really needs to utilize gym to the fullest to get their energy out. I’m sad but also excited to see what my last upcoming field observation has in store.


            

No comments:

Post a Comment