Sunday, September 25, 2016

Observation discovery

         Through my visit to Noble Elementary School, I learned that I actually enjoyed being in a fourth grade classroom far more than I thought I would. I’ve always seen myself as a kindergarten or first grade teacher and though I’m fairly sure I still want to teach first grade I wouldn’t mind the idea of fourth grade either.
         Being in the fourth grade classroom a certain part of the organization and calmness appealed to me. The children all listened to their teacher and understood what he was asking them to do. They were all well behaved and had great manors. Being in a situation I didn’t think I would like and ended up liking was weird for me. I always thought that that intermediate age would be mean and snotty and being in one was a great experience.
         I think the reason I always thought I would struggle being around that age group was because the only time I’ve been around that age has been bad experiences through babysitting or work. Going to Noble was a very positive experience for me, it has opened up my eyes to the idea of potentially teaching other ages that what I originally thought.
         Although I visited a kindergarten classroom as well, which I also really enjoyed, I think am suited better for ages kindergarten and above. The idea of truly being able to teach I believe starts after kindergarten. I worry that if I were to teach kindergarten that there isn’t enough that you can really teach yet other than basic things like behavior. Luckily Noble thought me to open my mind up to the idea of potentially teaching older children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment