Thursday, September 1, 2016

1. My name is Jillian however I prefer going by Jill.
2.I am from Chagrin falls Ohio and have lived pretty much my whole life.
3. I really want to teach first grade and even though there is no specific subject with early education my favorite is English.
4. Something unique about me is that I can walk on stilts and that I really like printmaking. Ever since I can remember I have been a swimmer however I didn't get good at it until high school. In high school I also did pole vault for all four years. This semester I will hopefully be working a lot and keeping up with school throughout.

5. The thing that is most important to me is my family and the family's I babysit for. I have become extremely close to the two families I babysit for through going on trips with them, to knowing them for four years. According to "Health Guidance, Importance of family in Our Life" by Kathryn Perry,  "Whatever we have learned from our family over the years serves as a basic premise for our actions in life" . To me this is a fact. Time and time again has proved that so much of your upbringing is a part of who you turn out to be and for me I think this is so very true. My parents, siblings, and surroundings have helped shaped me into who I really am.  
6. For me to take risks in the classroom I need to be in a fun and forgiving place to feel as though my mistakes are just something to learn from. 
7. For me a great memory in school was in my creative writing class where we could write about whatever we wanted and shared to get constructive criticism which caused me to write one of my favorite pieces so far. 
8. One of the issues for me in education right now is the fear of not getting a job once I get out of college or not getting the job that I want or where I want it. 
9. What is your favorite thing to teach and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment